NESTcc has announced the addition of six new members of its Governing Committee. The NESTcc Governing Committee is comprised of stakeholders from across the medical device ecosystem committed to the success of NESTcc and, upon inception, was charged with inaugurating a Coordinating Center that is inclusive, patient-focused, and anchored in accountability and transparency. NESTcc’s new Governing Committee members are leaders from industry, health systems, academic research organizations, and patient groups:
- Michael Gibson, MS, MA, M.D., FRCP, FAHA, FSCAI, FACC, Professor of Medicine, Harvard Medical School, and CEO of the non-profit Baim Institute of Clinical Research
- Jennifer Kerr, MS, CCRA, RAC, President, Cook Research Incorporated (MDMA representative)
- David Maggs, M.D., Vice President, Medical Affairs, Becton Dickinson Technologies and Innovation
- Danelle Miller, BS, MA, J.D., Vice President of Global Regulatory Policy and Intelligence, Roche Diagnostics (AdvaMed representative)
- Diane Pickles, BA, Program Director, One Brave Idea, American Heart Association
- Art Sedrakyan, M.D., Ph.D., Professor of Population Health Sciences, Weill Cornell Medicine, and Director, Institute for Health Technologies and Interventions and Medical Device Epidemiology Network’s Coordinating, Science & Infrastructure Center
In addition to the six new members, three existing NESTcc Governing Committee members have assumed leadership roles on the Executive Committee, each serving a two-year term in accordance with the terms of the NESTcc Charter:
- Chair: Adrian Hernandez, M.D., MHS, Professor of Medicine at Duke School of Medicine, Vice Dean and Executive Director, Duke Clinical Research Institute
- Vice Chair: Diane Wurzburger, J.D., Executive of Regulatory Affairs, Developed Markets & Global Strategic Policy, GE Healthcare
- Treasurer: Kathleen Blake, M.D., MPH, Vice President of Health Care Quality, American Medical Association
Read the press release for the full announcement here.
Biographies for all Governing Committee members can be found on the NESTcc Governance page.